Terms & Conditions
Before you make a booking with Privilege Detail, you should read the following terms and conditions. The following words shall have the following meanings in these conditions:
“The company”: shall mean Privilege Detail whose registered and trading address is 69 Brunswick Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5PD.
“The operative”: shall mean the person, sent on behalf of the company to complete or carry out the/a service.
“The customer”: any individual, firm, company or other party with whom the company contracts.
“The booking”: shall mean the request for the service or goods as provided by the company.
“The deposit”: shall mean £50 per day taken at time of booking, for all non-valeting work including paint corrections. This will be non-refundable.
“The keys”: shall mean the keys to the above referenced vehicle that the/a service is being carried out upon;
Any services supplied to the customer are supplied subject to these conditions. These conditions can only be varied in writing in a document signed by a representative of the company.
1. The customer accepts these conditions by making a booking with the company.
2. Any booking for the supply of services whether written or oral shall incorporate these conditions.
3. Any waiver or breach of these conditions shall not prejudice the company’s rights in respect of any subsequent breach.
4. The booking may be transferred to an alternative date if done so 48 hours prior to booking start date.
5. It is agreed between the customer and the company that the company may refuse the service and the reasons surrounding this decision will be made clear. Payment of 50% of the total booking shall automatically become due.
6. The company reserves the right to cancel a booking at any time prior to booking date due to non- payment of the deposit, if relevant.
7. The default method of contact by the company will be by telephone unless otherwise specified.
8. The vehicle can be booked in without being seen in advance, however this will only be at the company’s discretion. The level of service and estimated completion time may alter therefore to make sure you are getting to appropriate service it is better for the company to see the vehicle.
9. Any service booked will be booked in co-operation between the company and the customer but should the customer choose a lower service than is appropriate for the condition of the vehicle or than is recommended by the company, the company will not warrant to the lesser services effectiveness.
10. All bookings will be held at the premises, 69 Brunswick Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5PD unless otherwise agreed with the company.
11. All charges for processing payments are non-refundable regardless of the circumstances.
12. If the customer wishes to cancel FOR ANY REASON, they must give at least 48 hours’ notice and this must be acknowledged directly by the company 48 hours before the booked date, please note that voicemails are not an acceptable form of cancellation. Failure to do so will incur a cancellation charge in all cases which may be up to 100% of the cost of the service.
13. The company intends to turn up to all bookings made, unless the weather/light conditions will hinder the service. The company will attempt to contact the customer so as to agree how to proceed, in some instances when the customer cannot be contacted the company reserves the right to cancel the contract.
14. The customer must ensure, prior to drop off to/arrival of the company that the vehicle is emptied of all personal and non-fixed items within the car. The company reserves the right and the customer hereby acknowledges that right, to either make a further charge for clearance of the customer’s vehicle or refuse to undertake the service which will be treated as a late cancellation and thus a charge will be levied.
15. If agreed by the company that the service will be carried out other than at the 69 Brunswick Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5PD, the customer must make sure that sufficient space is available for both the company’s vehicle and their own, along with sufficient movement around both vehicles. The customer should also make sure that the location of the service is safe, secure and sufficient for the company to carry out the service and further that the location allows and permits such activity to be carried out. Any parking charges required or levied as a result of the location as chosen by the customer will be charged to the customer’s account.
16. The customer must ensure prior to the booking that sufficient fuel is contained within the vehicle to enable the engine to be started and run and the vehicle to be moved should the need arise. The customer hereby accepts that should the vehicle be required to be moved at the sole discretion of the company, that the company is hereby authorised to do so. Liability for such movement lies with the company under their ‘Goods worked upon’ Insurance. The company is however not providing a warranty that it will move the said vehicle.
17. The car must be made available to the company at least 10 minutes prior to the booking. However, unforeseen circumstance can occur due to a variety of reasons including the condition of a previous car, weather, traffic and other circumstances outside the control of the company. This is not the liability of the company and it shall not, nor can it ever be held liable for such occurrences. The company and customer agree to keep the other party up to date with any unforeseen occurrences.
18. It is agreed by the customer that the late arrival by the company does not constitute a breach of contract by the company nor does such lateness permit the customer to cancel the booking without charge.
19. The customer will ensure that the keys and vehicle are easily accessible and handed to the operative within 5 minutes of the company’s arrival, failing which the company reserves the right to levy a charge or to treat the booking as a late cancellation.
20. The customer will not interrupt nor interfere with the company during the completion of the service. Should the customer delay the completion of the service by the company or remove the vehicle before its completion, the company reserves the right to terminate the service forthwith, without completing the remaining outstanding specification or provide any refund.
21. Upon completion of the service the customer will be asked to inspect the vehicle and confirm that the service has been completed to the specification as explained by the company.
22. Should the customer be unsatisfied with completion of the service, the customer is required to detail the points to the operative and allow the operative to rectify the points. In the event that the customer cannot be present at the completion of the service, such points should be detailed in writing with accompanying photographs and must be received and acknowledged by the company within 24 hours of the completion of the service.
23. Upon completion of the service the customer will be asked to inspect the vehicle and confirm that no damage has occurred during the operation of the company’s service.
24. Failure to make any such claim in the period(s) specified in clause 23 above shall constitute unqualified acceptance of the service and waiver by the customer of all claims relating to the service.
25. Subject only to the provisions of these conditions no statement undertaking warranty or condition express or implied by law, trade, custom or otherwise shall apply to the booking.
26. The customer shall indemnify the company against all actions, claims or demands by third parties against the company arising directly or indirectly in respect of or in connection with the service or the booking.
27. Upon completion of the service the remaining balance for the booking is due immediately. Cards, cash and bank transfers are accepted.
28. The company shall not be liable for any claim or claims for direct or indirect injury or loss made by the customer against the company.
29. If at any time any one or more of the provisions of the above clauses or sub-clauses is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any law the validity and enforceability of the remaining clauses and/or sub-clauses hereof shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
30. These conditions and each and every booking containing them shall be governed by the Laws of Scotland and the customer will submit to the jurisdiction to the Scottish Court.